Our Auction Services
What to Expect From a Professional Auctioneer...Like Us!
Begin with choosing the RIGHT auctioneer!
- Partager Auction offers an experienced, bonded professional auctioneer with 25 years leading fundraising and fine art auctions
- We have conducted hundreds of auction events throughout the U.S. and Canada and raised well over $150 million...and counting!
- We know how to maximize all bidding/pledges at your event and, if you choose, will also serve as your master of ceremonies; handle raffles, drawings, or other important announcements, and introductions (yes, it's all included in our ONE flat fee!)
- Don't focus solely on how much an auctioneer charges. Compare the experience, services, and benefits they offer for that fee. Next, look at what you are paying for decorations, centerpieces, flowers, entertainment, gift bags, etc. All of these do not generate $$$$ at your event...but your professional auctioneer DOES!
What We Provide For Your Auction Event...
All for ONE LOW, FLAT-FEE
- Consult on item selection (what goes in the Live vs Silent)
- Assist in creating auction item order and starting bids
- Give you referrals for "freebies" to offer at your event and big-ticket, no-risk or up-front cost items you can sell such as once-in-a-lifetime experiences, vacation packages, cruises and adventures
- We will SELL, SELL, SELL every item to the highest (and, if applicable, multiple) bidders using an energetic, entertaining, respectful and commanding "bid calling"
- Note: We will also serve as your M.C., at no extra charge
- Provide starting and bid increment recommendations
- Oversee Silent Auction portion of event by advising on starting bids and bid increments
- Monitoring bid sheets at event to ensure accurate bidding
- Encourage active bidding via continuous public announcements
- Announce reminders and spotlight certain items in auction sections in a clear, definitive manner to reach full potential of bidding
- Close silent auction sections at designated times
Raise The Paddle, Cash Appeal, Fund-A-Need etc.
- Conduct your Special Appeal, Fund-A-Need or other related direct cash appeal during the Live Auction portion of your event.
- This crucial portion of your event can raise up to 50-75% (or more) of the proceeds with no effort on your part. We'll consult and help you structure the most effective way to solicit money from your guests in a sensitive yet direct emotional appeal.
- If you have never done this type of fundraiser at your event, we will show you how it has been used by hundreds of organizations like yours to bring in tens of thousands of dollars.
Auction Event Planning & Management; Staff Training
- Provide a customized, 70-page "Auction Planning Guide" packed with suggestions, ideas, templates, resources, and, of course, our over 20 years of experience with benefit auctions.
- Attend event planning and development meetings; offer progress consultations and advice (either in-person** or by phone or email)---know that we’re here to answer your questions!
- Train your committees/staff to assist the auctioneer during the event, record bids, register and check-out guests, as well as any other auction related duties.
Not All Auctioneers Are Equal!
Caterers, musicians, entertainers, and fancy decorations don’t raise money at your auction event. Choose an outstanding (and professional) auctioneer... and they WILL!
An unqualified/inexperienced auctioneer can end up COSTING your organization a lot more money in the end if they don’t earn the crucial dollars for your auction event.
- Never compare or decide upon an auctioneer just by looking at the fee they charge. This is not an area to be examining in trying to reduce your event budget
- Find out what is included in the auctioneer’s fee and if you really need or want all the services included in the price.
- Professional auctioneers typically charge either 1) a flat fee 2) fixed or sliding scale percentage on some/all of the auction sales, or 3) a guaranteed minimum flat fee against a percentage of some/all auction sales (whichever is higher). Each will offer very different services for that fee.
- Some will charge you just to conduct the live auction, while others may also charge to conduct the silent auction, perform master of ceremonies duties, or may even limit the amount of ongoing consulting/organizational meetings they will attend.
- Watch out for added fillers you may not need. Many provide extra staffing like ringmen or bid “spotters”, registration/cashier personnel, etc. However you may already have volunteers to do these tasks, so decide if you really want to pay for something “built” into the fee which you can get for free, or that you won’t need.
- Always choose a PROFESSIONAL auctioneer who is a member of, and meets the standards, ethics, and training of a state or national auctioneers association.
- Ask how many years have been devoted to conducting JUST benefit auctions (some have other jobs and “do this on the side” or simply say they can "auctioneer"). Visit their website; check references.
- Hearing an auctioneer do a rhythmic bidding chant online or in an interview meeting with you is ok, but talking to a past reference client will give you the best indication of the success of an event and of the performance of its auctioneer.
Partager Auction offers years of expertise preparing and conducting benefit and fine art auctions. Our highly-trained, bonded professional auctioneer is qualified to advise and oversee nearly every aspect of your auction event.